2022 Winter Soccer Camp
Read more below for information about camp dates, times, day-to-day structure and details, etc.
SF United FC 2022 Winter Soccer Camp
SF United is committed to the development of youth soccer and we always try to provide a nurturing, positive, and fun atmosphere for our players. These camps are open to children born between 2017-2008 from all over the city. Open to club players and anyone else in the community. Our sessions are ran by our top-level coaching staff at SF United who are dedicated to teaching and guiding each child to a higher level of play. Our goal is for each child to feel a sense of self-confidence, self-improvement, and new inspiration to continue to play this wonderful game. Please see the details below and choose what is best for your child.
Our full day is split up into 2 sessions and by age. For the younger age groups(2017-2013) we make sure we have coaches who specialize in dealing with this age group. We understand that even though this is a competitive soccer camp, we want to make it as fun and exciting as possible for these young soccer players. Having had 20+ years of experience with our soccer camp we understand a full day of soccer for these youngsters is overwhelming and can cause them to lose interest. Our goal is to keep our groups excited and motivated in order to enjoy the game, so we mix in a combination of soccer that involves fun games and soccer fundamental skills with other games that allow them to have fun without the ball as well. This combination has proven to be very successful time and time again and has these young players coming back week after week, year after year.
For the older groups (2012-2008), we still want to create a fun learning environment, but with more focus on developing soccer players for all levels of play.
For these groups the day is split up as follows:
The morning session is meant to help each player develop his/her fundamental technical skills in a fun and safe environment, as we make sure to take into account the different age groups and level of play of each kid in order to provide and make sure they have a great experience. We use a wide variety of exercises of passing, dribbling, crossing, shooting, defending and other technical developments to allow each player to grow at their given level.
The focus will be increasing CONFIDENCE in the following areas….
1) Dynamic footwork
2) Running with the ball
3) Dribbling (with both feet and with game-like scenarios)
4) 1v1 attacking/defending skills
5) Turning with the ball
6) Ball control
7) Shooting (with both feet)
8) Passing (with both feet, short/long, patterns/combinations, etc.)
9) Learning the different positions of the game
10) Learning how to transition from defending-attacking or attacking-defending
11) Develop positive communication between teammates
12) Small sided games to get more touches and incorporate the skills learned in a game situation
13) How to adapt and take advantage of different situations within a game.
- a) Taking advantage of superiority 2v1
- b) delay progress when outnumbered 1v2
- c) How to play following the rules of offsides, set pieces, etc...
The afternoon session is used to go over all the skills that were worked on in the morning in game-like environments. We typically set up different games for the players to implement what they have learned. This has shown the greatest results for players in their understanding and development within the game. It gives the opportunity for them to feel a sense of accomplishment and pride as they are able to see their progress day to day.
DATES (1 week sessions, 2 different sessions)
December 19th-December 23rd
December 26th-December 30th
Full Day: 9am-3pm
Half Day: 9am-12:30pm
After Care: 3pm-4pm
Beach Chalet Soccer Fields, Field #1
Link to field location: https://sfrecpark.org/facilities/facility/details/Beach-Chalet-Athletic-Fields-411
$400 (full day, 1 week)
$250 (half day, 1 week)
$440 (full day + after care, 1 week)
What to Bring:
- Appropriate clothing for playing soccer (athletic and layers for weather accomodations)
- Shin Guards
- Lunch and Snacks (extra snack for kids that are staying for extended care)
- Any medication your child is taking (i.e. Inhaler, allergy medicine, etc)
Fees are non-refundable unless you submit your request to cancel in writing at least 10 days before the first day of the camp. Only 50% of fees paid shall be refunded. Camp it's not transferrable to another player either.
Registration Now Open!!!